Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Battle-(A Short Story)


Run away?

Yes.

Wait…what is the cause of this sudden urge to flee?

Anger.

Anger boils within me. Let the anger control me?

No.

Then I should not flee!

But oh, how I wish to leave, and be free of the scorn and bondage of mockery. To vanish, without a trace… to start over again. On my own!

What for?

This, I know  is not wise. Not only do I keep running, but I will never have settled the very situation! To run sounds the easiest, but to stay and under-go the storm…I must. They say that after the raging storm ends, the light shines brighter than ever before. I want to see this light.

What is this?

Do I feel hope?

In the midst of my suffering, I feel a small piece of reassurance. Till that day comes into life, I will fight. Not by words, nor by the physical, but by the spiritual. I could easily walk away, and forget about all that has happened. I could block it out of my memory. I could grow a bitter heart, and never forgive, but no.

That is the devil’s play! He is the greatest enemy! Using every opening he has to attack.

I stand firm. I feel as if I am standing on a balance beam. One side says, “Life,” and the other reads, “Death.” I must run to one or the other! The sinful nature that I carry cried for the death, but the hope and peace that the Lord has mercifully granted me runs towards the life!


I choose Life.

I know that as I walk to Life, my journey has not become easy, but much more difficult. The feeble mind argues with itself. It’s a constant battle! Know this, for even though the storm comes and the battle is heavy to bear, I carry the greatest.

The Cross.

I am fully armored. The King of Kings is coming! With glory that of which has never been known. He is the great forgiver. He brings peace to all who choose Him.

I blink.

The enemy approaches.

Twice I blink.

The battle rages with cries of pain from one end and shouts of praise from the other.

I blink again.

There in the distance, yes. Far off in the distance, I see a bright light.

I pull my helmet off. My heart finds rest in the Lord.

My chain-mail clanks back and forth as I walk atop the hill.

 I have fought the battle, and now I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment