Monday, July 9, 2012

Sandy Cove. I'm here!

Okay, so here is a little run down and heart-to-heart blog post. Many of you, if not all, know I moved to Maryland. I have been here for 16 days so far! Oh my. Well to say the least I am working at Sandy Cove Ministries, and honestly I love it here. God has been showing me and blessing me and teaching me these past 2 weeks, and if it were not for His opening the door, I would not be here. I have learned a lot about living out grace and love and I'm sure more is to come. Grace fits into the picture when it comes to my work. I'm a house-keeper here at Sandy Cove, and I'm getting a taste of what "real" work is like. Ha-ha!

From dusting the furniture, to cleaning the beds, our hotel looks pretty good, thanks to the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. This is my first time living away from home and having a job, so all of this has been taking some getting used too, but God has been awesome, and He has blessed me with patience and endurance through all things. Furthermore, I think working with other people and living with 11 girls has been interesting also! Living out God's perfect love is a difficult task, I have been tested to live out His love these past weeks, and I am starting to understand what love is. Love isn't the silly, over-rated, jumble mess. No. It's the real deal. The test of whether or not you're going to stay committed through the tough, and hard times. Everyone in my department has to work together. Everyone in my dorm lives together. Of course, we are all different!

God has put me in this position to carry out His plan. Do I know what His plan is? No way! Am I willing to let Him have full control over every situation? Yes, I am! It's the letting go and letting God take full control over my life, that ends in peace, because I know He works everything out for good. Let me make it fully clear though, that it's hard and not easy. I'm not perfect and never will be, but my goal right now is to honor God and to trust Him.

So, dear friend, I'm asking you to keep me in your prayers as I live the next 5 weeks here. Well, it's a gorgeous day out and I think it'll be best if I end here. God bless and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Megs! I cannot even tell you how glad I am to have you here! Keep on working hard and honoring the Lord with your time here!

    ReplyDelete